Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Receiving Blankets






So yesterday (Tuesday) I finally got around to making receiving blankets. We bought receiving blankets for Evelyn at Target, but by the time she was 2 months she no longer "fit" in them. We have one blanket that mysteriously appeared in our house that is oversized, it's great. So I thought why not make large blankets, because I'm sure I'm not the only mom with this frustrations.

Turns out these blankets are rather easy to make. At least easier than the burp cloths. The material is more expensive though because I need more of it just to make one. Each blanket is about a yard in size. Initially I thought to use two pieces of flannel for each blanket but then thought that may make for a too warm of a blanket, especially given the fact that Spring is quickly approaching. So one side is flannel and the other is cotton. Here's a few pictures of them (technical difficulties, the picture is posted above)



2 comments:

  1. good thinkin' Nan! i LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That friend Melissa must be stinkin awesome..im just saying...
    I LOVE these! LOVE LOVE! And love this blog, dont forget to follow me, I will follow you..and as far as putting pictures on, I still havent found an easy way to get them right.
    Heres a check list for you for the craft fair:
    -have your stuff packaged and ready
    -if you want your pictures on a slide show on my comp you somehow need to get them to me so I can put them on
    -order forms (if you plan to do this)
    -some sort of sign for your "company"
    -some form to write down the stuff you sell
    (I will get tablecloths, and we will have a plug at our station).
    You can do it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete